Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 12 - Getting Close . . .

I like being on vacation so much that I am going to have to do this again real soon. It will have to wait until we get back from our Portland visit in a couple weeks. It has really changed my view of the "every day".

I spent way to much time this morning listening to this Leonard Cohen song from different artists. It was like warm oil on my soul and I shed some long reserved tears. I heard it first by Justin Timberlake on the Hope for Haiti show Friday evening. The melody, words and mood stayed with me. I then found it and other versions on YouTube. Here are some for you to compare if you want. I won't tell you which hit me the hardest. The links are below rather than embedding them - I will figure that out later, but I wanted to share this before I head to bed. I hope you take the time to enjoy them as much as I have today.
Justin Timberlake and Matt Morris From Hope for Haiti
Jeff Buckley
K. D. Lang
After some healing tears, I finally did some quilting on Miss Daisy - and then this evening I started a little, easy quilt for Meagan for Valentine's Day. Of course I have to get the quilt done on Miss Daisy tomorrow and get it off so I can do this one on Wednesday. I am cutting it close, huh? We aren't going to leave until later in the week and I can stitch down the binding in the car. I got this idea from the Moda Bake Shop. I changed the sizes a bit so I could get the outer pieces and one inner piece from one width of fabric strip so I could just reverse using fabric I have here. I will finish the couple blocks left, sew them together and get the hearts machine appliqued on tomorrow evening. I may have to burn some midnight oil to get them done, but I will.

My decision to not visit the quilting discussion board I mentioned over a week ago has been a real positive renewal for my creativity. I am not sure if it is the extra time or just less stuff to think about. I miss some of the "regulars" who are wonderful people and fantastic quilters, but have found I can keep up with most of them via Facebook, another board or private email. It is all good! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.