Friday, January 29, 2010

Another vacation . . .

Twelve hours and 750 miles later and I am in Portland, OR. I came by myself as we had an issue again with frozen pipes. That new boiler system is just not designed for a nine sided house with sections that hang over the foundation. Bob thought he has this solved, but he wasn't comfortable leaving it and I wanted to get here to celebrate that special grand daughters 6th birthday tomorrow.

So I got up early, packed the car and headed west on I-90 to Missoula then on to Spokane and to Portland. You can see it on the map - just click on it and it will enlarge. The roads were good and there was no snow after leaving Montana. I love to drive. I run my iPod through the speaker system of the car (that is the LilyB, you know) and I listened to some great pod casts and favorite music. I have a couple audio books I wanted to listen to as well, but never got to them as there was so much listening to do.

We decided to stay in a hotel when we were all coming as we were bringing Kassie - our Scotty dog. She stayed home with Bob, but I decided to just stay in the hotel anyway so Meagan can swim after I pick her up from school. I brought a couple projects that we can do together and then have dinner with Roy after he gets off work and spend some fun time at their house. It is all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.