Saturday, January 30, 2010

Birthday girl . . .

Meagan had her birthday party at a jump place - you know the kind - filled with giant inflatables that kids can bounce on and in. She and her friends had a wonderful time that ended with pizza, cake and presents. Tomorrow we will share in another birthday party with her. She has the right idea already - have a whole birthday week - and never count the years.

Roy and I went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant in the Sellwood area of Portland near where he lives. It was a good time to have a long visit - we have not done that for a while as it is rarely just the two of us when we come to visit or when he is in Montana. It was quite a treat! I like Roy - and of course I love him because he is my son - but I really like him as a person.

Before we went out, we watched the movie documentary with Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White called "It Might Get Loud". I was mesmerized. It was amazing to see someone like Jimmy Page believe in himself and his art enough to take the risks needed to change the guitar sound forever. See it if you get a chance.

Here is my inspiration picture for today - it is from the upholstery in the room - I like the design, colors and the possibility for the straight line quilting. I like it because it is so orderly - so predictable and strong. It must be something I need now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.