Monday, November 22, 2010

It is still cold here . . .

It is so cold here - it didn't get above 5 degrees today and tomorrow is supposed to be a real old fashioned blizzard. It sounds like we could get another 12+ inches of the white stuff between this evening and Wednesday morning. Of course, with the wind, it may all pile up somwhere else - probably not! And the temps are supposed to be really, really cold - wind chills nearing minus thirty to forty.

This little package came in the mail today. I wanted this fabric for the back of the quilt I am finishing and I had only one yard. I searched all over the internet and finally found a place that had 4 more yards so I ordered it. It came today and it will be perfect. It is called Geranium by Martha Nagley.

Today was a great lunch out. I met up with another art quilter from our art group. She does beautiful work. We decided we would meet once a month starting in January during the day to have a creating day. We are going to do this in addition to our regular monthly gatherings which are brief and at night. We are not sure where this will go, but I think it is going to be very inspirational. I want to do more abstract creating because I also enjoy traditional detailed piecing and need something for my other personality. I am thrilled with the idea.

I am so thankful for family and friends. Stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabric and nice and busy too for a backing! Is it ever going to warm up??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this weather. It is too cold to even get Gus out and head south which we are sure wishing we had done a couple weeks ago. Maybe we will have some decent weather in December, but experience tells me NOT!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.