Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gray day here . . .

It was cloudy,spit snow and tried to rain all day and it seemed so dark and dreary. It isn't like we don't have days like this once in a while, but both of us were kind of feeling less than our usual energetic selves. So it is what I call a "low and slow" day. No quilting, but I did write up the summary of the trials I did on the quilting motifs from yesterday.

I also made some cookies - found a recipe that could include oatmeal, raisins, chocolate chips and walnuts. The recipe didn't have the chocolate chips and walnuts in with the raisins, but rather suggested you could substitute either for the raisins, but I just put them all in together. And, because I don't make cookies often, any warm fresh cookie tastes amazing so we liked them!

We also talked with our son in Portland and we are going to head that way for Christmas. We will plan to get out there the week before Christmas as Meagan is out of school that week and her dad has to work. What fun that will be - we will have a whole week to get ready for Christmas, to bake, to shop, to wrap and just enjoy time together. We will spend Thanksgiving here with our son and his wife and the two little guys.

Lots to look forward to - lots of blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I've felt the same way today, dreary and a little blue--our weather was the same, yuk!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.