Monday, November 2, 2020

Healing the cancer - 1 - 2 - 3

I have decided to implement 3 steps in this healing process.  I do my best to will share a few words and a picture with each entry about each of my 3 areas steps   I will try to enter something a couple times a week.  

I want to focus on being a maker surrounded by love with excellent medical support around me.  

    1.  Something to share as a "maker". 

    2.  Something to share about the love around me.

    3.  Something to share about the medical processes for this cancer fight.  

1.  The maker . . . 

I am working on a piece about "The Headwaters".  It is made from 5x5 inch cotton sateen fabric squares that are colored with Inktense blocks.  This is the background.  


2.  The love . . . 

And here is my Bob - my friend - my love - my partner.  He is always here for me and this will be quite a journey for us both.  I am so glad we are on it together.


3. The fight . . .

I was diagnosed with breast cancer  a couples week ago.  I have HR negative, HER2 positive breast cancer originating from a lump in my left breast.  The treatment plan said to be "highly effective" for this type of breast cancer is for 6 sessions of 2 chemo drugs plus 2 immunotherapy drugs over the next 4 months. Following that will be surgery and then radiation if needed. That will be followed by an additional 8 months of immunotherapy drugs.  Here is where I will spend a day every three weeks for the next year plus.  I am confident in the medical community here and it is part of the Seattle Cancer Center Alliance.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.