Saturday, November 7, 2020

A wonderful day . . .

 1. The maker . . . 

I got to thinking about some quilts that I have made in the past couple years but there has never been time to get them quilted.  Here is one I loved and I hope I can get it finished in this year of cancer treatment.  It has a few items to be added - some organza steam before I quilt it and then some thread sketching to finish it.  It is "Hot Coffee, Good Friends".  It is time to get it done.

2. The love . . . 

I love my home.  Bob built it.  I love this big old fireplace that he built.  Tonight it brings extra love and comfort with the news that Joe Biden will be our next president.  The world seems softer and more caring.


3. The fight . . .

Four years ago, right before the 2016 election, I was diagnosed with rectal cancer.  I had the surgery just before the election and my cancer had not spread beyond the section of the colon removed and was stage one.  I did not have to have chemo.  It was a time to exhale.  And then the election a few days later and the Trump presidency began.  It has been 4 years of bullying, hatred, divisiveness, cheating, lying and more.  Here I am 4 years later, after a breast cancer diagnosis, getting ready to start chemo on Tuesday.  But there is hope for our country, for my grandchildren, and for recovery.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.