Monday, November 16, 2020

Another better day. . .

I reread some of my old blog posts.  I realized I loved the quotes to inspire that I found that meant a lot to me.  I think I am missing that in this blog so I will start with one some days. 

“On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin.” — Gregory S. Williams


And so I did begin - maybe I need to raise the sail a bit more some days. 

1. The maker . . . 



I love chicken with wild rice soup.  I am supposed to eat lots of veggies - cooked and stay away from preservatives, raw veggies and try to be more plant-based.  So I will try.  I found this recipe and it is delicious.   

https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/chicken-and-wild-rice-soup/

I made it dairy free with almond milk which I use most of the time, but a friend suggested I try coconut milk next time so I will do that.  I also thickened it with corn starch rather than flour to make it gluten free.  I doubled the recipe and froze 4 meals for future needs and that is something to look forward to enjoying. 


2. The love . . . 

And the love today is my two sons.  Stan is in the gray shirt and Roy in the white shirt.  These pictures are from July 2019 just after they completed the duathlon at over 6000 ft ending in Virginia City, MT.  They rode their bikes up the mountain side for 14 miles and then ran into the town which was about 7 more miles.  Stan was 53 at the time and Roy was 49.  Stan lives here in Bozeman with his family and Roy lives in Portland, OR with his family.  They are my strength everyday and especially with this journey.  Bob is their step-dad and most of the time they grew up I was single mom, teaching school during the day, doing graphic art work at night. and sometimes slinging hash.  I am blessed.



3. The fight . . .

And one little, kind of gross, picture of my now healed port.  For some reason it intrigues me how these work during this journey. I wasn't sure how I would feel when I was told this would be recommended. It feels caring and okay.  

See you in a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.