Sunday, November 22, 2020

Continuing the journey . . .

 I continue to move forward through this first round of treatment.  I have done lots of reading and had several good conversations with breast cancer survivors.   And then this came to me about my art . . . 

Focus on internal peace and quiet, listen, take time and then create in peace and quiet without goals, challenges, deadlines, or competition.  


1. The maker . . .

I am working on a piece but not ready to share more about it yet so I will share my first cup of "studio coffee" since before my first infusion.  I just have not liked the taste at all, but this morning it sounded good and tasted great!


And here is another sign of a maker - on leave for a year.  I have, for the past several years, had Christmas Cookie baking days out here for Rainy, (DIL), Weston and Walker.  I have always enjoy making holiday cookies for 2 or 3 days.  This year I know it is not in the cards for me so I packed up "Big Bertha" and sent her it into town for them to use without me.  I may Zoom in on one of their sessions.  They are excited to get started.  I suspect it will stay there since next year I might still be in treatment and the following year they will be well on their way on their own so I will just go in there and enjoy coaching and cheering.  

2. The love . . . 
My long time BFF, Gail, sent me this cute hat.  I will love wearing it in the next few months.  Gail and I were assigned as roommates in the fall of 1963 when we met up as freshman in college.  We have stayed as close as family since then. 

3. The fight . . .
Today was day 13 since my first infusion.  Day 1 was a good day and I left the infusion feeling rested and good.  Days 2 - 5 were rough.  Days 6 - 8 started to get some better and I realized I really had to take care of myself as far as rest and food intake were concerned.  Days 9 - 13 have been much, much better.  My brain is still a little foggy but the pains, the headaches, the total feeling exhaustion in my body and mind have lessened and are totally tolerable.  So I think I have 8 or 9 more decent days until the next infusion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.