Thursday, November 19, 2020

Ups and Downs . . .

 I am starting to get the message - "Carol, this journey is not in your control!"

"It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit." - J.R.R. Tolkien

1. The maker . . . 

I wanted to share my "making" today - I hemmed some soft, fleece, lounge pants today.  I have three new pair and each needs the pants shortened.  I have tried for the past week.  Tuesday my head was so warped from the chemo that the machine seemed to be a new device so I quit and thought - well so much for sewing for the next year.  

But today I felt better - went upstairs - turned on my favorite machine and it was easy.  It felt like I was back. I am so thankful.  



2. The love . . . 

I love my home and I know it is here to soothe me and love me as I travel this next year.  Last night as I left the family room area to walk across the entry to our bedroom and get ready for bed, this is the welcome that greeted me.  Just a quick walk across the rocks, past my old trunk and into my bedroom.  Comfortable and loving!

3. The fight . . .

My journey since Monday evening has been "ups and downs".  And then yesterday afternoon, I just started to feel better.  It was like someone lifting the shade.  But I decided I had to get serious about what I needed to be doing so I made up a definite list and I need to really do each of these every day.  It seems obvious but I must work harder to take care of myself.  This is my work for the next year and I have to be more committed. It is not like I can do this a few days and then back to normal.  This is my new normal. . . 

                    1.  Be in bed by 9 pm and stay in bed, even if I am awake, until after 7 am

                    2.  Drink lots and lots of fluids - 8 to 12 glasses each day

                    3.  Eat a little something every 2 to 3 hours 

                    4.  Clean my teeth after each time I eat something and rinse with the salt and baking soda solution

                    5.  Walk or do gentle exercise each day - 10 to 30 minutes.  The 10 minutes will do when I am really sick

                    6.  Spend time in prayer and thanksgiving each day

                    7.  Spend special time each day writing to or talking with loved ones or special friends

                    8.  Work hard to keep my surroundings quiet, peaceful, loving and strong. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.