Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Things are pretty good here . . .

 

The good news - I didn't feel too badly today - better than I expected.  And my calendar is empty for almost 3 weeks and that is like a dream for both of us after the past 6 weeks . . . . .

1. The maker . . . 

This morning I actually got up early and went up to my studio.  I set up my second sewing center so I can work on two pieces at things as the mood strikes and I want to hem up some fleece pants for comfort.  Below is a starting place for a new piece.  I will be very close with the required finish time, but have some time now to really get moving. More to come . . . 



2. The love . . . 

This is one of the hard parts - not getting to spend time with this love.  Walker is 11 now and he is a cancer survivor.  He was diagnosed with brain cancer 5 years ago when he was 6 and survived brain surgery, lots of radiation and over a year of chemo.  And he is doing fine.  When I get scared, I think of him and know I can do this.  We haven't seen them for a couple months due to covid, them starting school and now my need to be even more isolated.  But we do Zoom and get caught up .  

3. The fight . . .

Here is a photo of me getting started yesterday at the Cancer Center.  Everyone was so nice and I felt really pampered.  But is was a long day - about 7 hours from entering until I left.  It might be slightly less next time I am thinking. 


And here is the patch they put on my stomach and today I will automatically get the shot of Neulasta at the right time so I don't have to drive back in to the hospital.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.