Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day and Continued Organizing . . .

Today is Mother's Day.  I miss my mom each day but I am so glad I am a "mom".  My sons, Stan and Roy have brought great love and joy to my life.  Stan and his sons, Weston and Walker, came over yesterday afternoon and got all my planters ready for new plants.  And they brought me a beautiful hanging plant. 



My Portland son, Roy, called visited on the phone.  I will see him in a week or so when I go out that way.  I

I did get more organizing done today.  It has been a process of getting some kind of shelving or cupboards in the right place and then deciding what goes where.  In addition to that, I am setting things aside for a coming garage sale my son and daughter-in-law are having in a few weeks.  I am also setting stuff aside that is best donated now such as quilt practice tops going to the animal shelter.

But to make it kind of fun - I am doing the "10 minute routine".  I am taking a before picture of each little area and then an after picture. 

Here is the corner of the "fabric study" room - I just made up that name as it is the area you enter when you come up the stairs.  The first picture is the before followed by the after - it took 2 - 10's.


I hung one of my early quilts and you can see into the new little bathroom on the right.  The rest went to the garbage, the donation pile, the "garage sale"pile, the "find a way to store it better" pile and the "return to owner" pile.


It is nice to see each section become a cozy, organized, functional area.  More later. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.