Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Who is painting these trees?

Yesterday morning they had just barely started to turn yellow and today there are even some reds. We don't have the hardwood trees like you do in other parts of the country, but we have beautiful colors anyway. Here is one tree just off our road. Our house is just to the right and off the road about 200 yards.

Last evening our neighbors called to run over (about a quarter mile) to see a little black bear in their back yard. So we went - quietly. And there he was - up in the apple tree eating his supper. Then he came down and wandered toward the creek. His tummy was full and I suspect he was going to get a drink. I couldn't get a picture as it was just beyond dusk.

Love this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture! And what a fun experience. I bet he was adorable! I hope you are enjoying your time at home.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.