Monday, September 10, 2007

Doing some stuff . . .

I did spend a little time this week-end on my fabric projects. This first picture shows what I ended up doing with the ottoman and the chair. I decided the fabric was worth way more than the chair and the ottoman put together, so I decided to keep the fabric as intact as possible and make something that would work for a short period of time. For the ottoman, I cut a large rectangle of the fabric and tied it with some cord that I was able to find here. I then folded the remaining fabric and put it in the chair almost like a throw, but tucked it in at the seat. It works fine, looks better, didn't require any sewing - but it is a temporary solution.

I also worked on the wallhanging with the koi center that I started for the Innovations challenge and, of course, I didn't get it finished for the challenge. I like the idea so I will finish it up here. I am piecing the log cabin blocks using some silk ties mixed in with other fabric. I also brought several projects in the plastic boxes that you see here. The boxes are the ones I get cherries and grapes in at Costco. I like to cut the tops off at the hinged part. They are great storage.

And the last thing I wanted to share is a challenge between myself and a very talented, good friend and wonderful fiber artist from Montana. We found this unusual fabric at our local outdoor quilt show and we had both purchased the new book from Vicki Pignatelli a couple weeks before. We were talking about how we buy these wonderful books and then never have the focus to really go through them and learn the techniques presented. So - it hit us - why not use this fabric to complete a sample piece for each chapter. We are starting on chapter 3 and we can do whatever we want that represents the learning from each chapter. We are going to try to do one chapter a month and take off December to pick up again in January. I am thinking I will have several small sampler type quilts with this fabric part of each. Then somehow I am going to put it all together - not sure how this is going to work at all!

You can click on the pictures to enlarge them if you want.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea for those boxes to reuse!! Love the koi piece. And I can not wait to see what you and Peggy come up with for the challenges. Did you challenge her to a blog too?! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.