Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Moved in and settled . . .

It doesn't take long when the cottage is all furnished. But, I did have a full SUV on my way down yesterday. It was mostly fiber and quilting projects, some clothes, my good sewing chair and I brought an old ottoman that had seen better days, but I thought if it would fit, I would cover it. I love to have something to put my feet on, to put my coffee on, to use like a soft table - and this one will work. Here is a picture of it with the fabric I brought to cover it. You can click on the pic to enlarge it. The fabric has dragon flies on it in cream color. I got the fabric - yards and yards of it - for $3 at a local architect/designer sale. In the picture it doesn't look too bad, but believe me it is too dirty to get clean as I have used it without concern in my studio. I am anxious to get the cover made and hope to be able to work on it tonight.

In the background, you can see the bed. Please note that it is queen size and I have to brag about my good finds. I bought 2 queen size sets (with pillowcases) of very nice sheets and some curtains to make the "frilly" duvet for my down comforter - all for the whopping price of $16 total. That even includes the a queen flat sheet that I used for the backing side of the duvet. I had fun for a couple hours on Saturday hitting our thrift stores and then another hour or so washing everything. It took me about an hour to make the duvet. I measured the one I had and realized that the flat queen sheet was that size. So I seamed the curtains and then sewing them right on top of the flat sheet leaving an opening at the top. It went together so easily that I am sure it was meant to be.

Well - I am off to a meeting and to get my parking permit for campus. Those who know me are not surprised at my love of being on campus. When I started "college" the first time, right out of high school, I quit in the middle of the year. But, once I started back, I have always loved "going to college". My family and friends wonder if I will ever "finish". Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.