Thursday, September 20, 2007

Getting ready . . .

Ready for what? I am teaching this week-end in Casper. The students in the course are teachers who are getting Masters degrees and hoping to become principals. Then on Sunday afternoon, after I am finished, I am heading home to Bozeman and I will work out of there for a couple weeks as we are having 2 week-ends of friends coming for visits.

Tonight we went to a dinner event. The speaker was the Dean of Education from the "other UW" - that is the University of Washington. She was very inspirational about the value of all kids and how we need to work harder using what we know to help each of them learn. We need to make sure they have dignity and ownership in their learning and that we are honest with them. She shared great stories about kids and learning. In an era when all seems focused on testing, testing, testing - it is refreshing to step back and revisit the joy of why we are in this business of education.

This blog may be representing my life. . . moving further and further from my quilting. My job is to just enjoy the journey and that I am doing.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are enjoying the journey!! And as a parent, I am extremely thankful to have you making a difference in our education system. I consider that a huge blessing.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.