Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I would show a picture, but . . .

just believe me it is a mess.

Our dishwasher has been leaking - maybe for some time. The water has gone under the tile, under the range, cupboards, and through the wall between the kitchen and family room. It wasn't until we saw the small wet marks starting on the wall on the back side that we realized there was a problem.

It appears the kitchen will need to be dismantled - cupboards moved out - tile taken up - sub floor replaced - range and dishwasher moved out with the dishwasher replaced of course.

So what is good about this? This may be the total kitchen remodel I have been thinking I would love to do, but hated to deal with the mess. Well, the mess is a reality - so on to the new kitchen. It will take some time, lots of picture gazing, estimates, shopping, and all of that stuff. I might as well make it fun, huh?

I will share pictures once we get started. The existing kitchen is mostly from when the house was built 35 years ago. We did some updating about 12 years ago. More is on the way.

1 comment:

  1. Should I say oh no or yippee you get a new kitchen?? What a mess, though!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.