Friday, November 20, 2009

And the week continues . . .

There is no change with Dad in Missoula - he has good days where is is aware, eats something and talks and days where he sleeps all day. I will go back over on Sunday or Monday unless sooner if things change.

Weston came to visit yesterday afternoon (Thursday). He hadn't been out here alone for three weeks - since before his Colorado trip, our Billings doctor trip, and the Missoula Dad trip. He wanted to make gingerbread men. I have never done that so I had some new gingerbread cookie cutters and we gave it our "first try". He helped me roll the dough after it cooled and he cut some of the critters out. And, we had fun just frosting them - no decorating. It was our "first try". He loved them!

When we were in the store before we started our baking, he saw a toy guitar and he really wanted it. I said, "I think you have one at home, don't you?" He agreed he did. But, you know how it is, I bought it for him anyway because he assured me "I need one for Grandma's House". So after the cookies and supper, it was time to go home. He wanted to take the new guitar home. I said again, "I think you have one at home, don't you?". This time he looked at me very seriously, "No, Grandma, it is a violin". He is 4! There seems to be no better time. Of course I thought that when he was 1 - and then 2 - and then 3 - and now it continues. We watched our first run of "The Polar Express" - we would pause it as we did more rolling and cutting.

I also had my hair colored and trimmed yesterday - the first time since my "boy cut" in August. I had wanted to let it go natural - again! But the gray is not pretty - and the natural part is too dark. So - it is bright with highlights again - lots of them! I like it for this time of year and my soul likes the extra light as well.

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death. -- Robert Fulghum

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.