I participate with a group of art quilters here and we are having a meeting tomorrow night. We are trying to get more work done and shared at our meetings and less NQR visiting which has taken over in the past few meetings. So, we decided to set a challenge for each meeting for those who want to participate. The challenge for this month was to use red, white, and blue and no other restrictions, but the piece would meet the requirements of a quilt. Here is what I have done to this point. It is not trimmed as I am not sure what or how I want that. It will probably be close to 18' square. The wings are really white. The background is from short strip pieces of different reds cut with scissors and sewn together. I have really been into sewing strips together in random patterns and I can't seem to get enough red in my soul lately. I will load it and do a lot of quilting and some embellishing - but not until after tomorrow night so it will be a sharing "in progress" rather than completed.
Also - I love the "Grip-Lite" Clamps that I have - I use two sets so I have two clamps on each side. And then I broke one clamp. I didn't want to have to buy another whole set and I read on one of the lists that someone suggested the "OXO" clamps. I ordered two from Amazon for about 5 bucks and I am really impressed at how well they work in place of the other clamps. I sewed them to the elastic connected to the velcro strips. Works like a charm.
It has been very cool and rainy here for the past 3 days. Of course it makes everything green, but my flowers haven't grown a stitch since I planted them about three weeks ago. We don't have a very long growing season anyway so we really need some sunshine. Tomorrow it is supposed to dry out and warm up - it will be welcome.