Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another busy day . . .

We started our day with a lot of talking, remembering and laughter. You know those kind of mornings where it is just good to be together and enjoy good coffee and memories. Meagan stayed over with her mom last night as they had a family christening and gathering. So today, it was just for Roy.

We decided it would be a good day to head out and get his graduation present. Bob and I decided we would get him a new television as the one he is using is an old one he borrowed from a friend. At first, Roy was hesitant to take the gift, felt it was too expensive, but we finally convinced him. We then had to go to several stores selling televisions, compare, sizes, prices, etc. Of course one trip to each store was not enough so we took several trips to each with a quick lunch in the middle of our considerations and then made a decision.

This is the one we brought home and he was very excited - it reminded me of when he was just a little guy. So, I found this picture of him from when he was about 6 months or so. It has been fun to see him so happy again as he has had some very tough times over these past few months.

Bob helped with the setup of the new set and we then settled in to watch the last NBA finals game. I am so excited that it is over for a few months. Don't get me wrong - I love to watch basketball, but even such a good thing can get old and these finals certainly drug on way too long for me. I think I will take a season off form NBA next year.

After the game, Meagan came back to spend tonight and tomorrow with us. We have big plans for lots of things to do. First, we want to do a little sewing. She helped me while I sewed new hems in her dad's pants. She loves my little sewing machine so I think I will have to see about getting her one of her own one of these days soon. Tomorrow we will do a little more sewing, make a little bracelet from a kit we bought, put some crystals on her new shirt, make her favorite cookies, and hit the park for a little baseball. So it should be a good day for pictures.

The last thing to share is my new Pfaff foot. It is a clear, quarter inch foot with the metal guide and I am so excited as I have wanted one and decided to just get it today. There is never enough time to do everything we want to get done while we are here. I need to get back sooner and stay a couple days longer. We are heading home early, early Tuesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.