Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday . . .

Here it is Wednesday already and the following words seem to fit right now. I will not be taking in any new customers and limiting my quilting for others to tops from a couple good friends and my SIL on a collaboration quilt. By the way, she had a quilt accepted into Paducah and she is very excited. It feels right, very exciting, but has been kind of a struggle to get to that decision.

"To measure you by your smallest deed is to reckon the ocean by the frailty of its foam. To judge you by your failures is to cast blame upon the seasons for their inconsistencies." Kahlil Gibran

Remember this piece from a class I took last month? The pieces are separate little quilts that I will bind separately. The whole piece is small - about 18x30 - the black backing piece is also quilted has not been cut to final size. The close up shows the stitching on the background. Does the pattern look familiar? I love that texture. I will take the small pieces with me on our trip to do the handwork on the binding. They can tuck away easily into a corner of my suitcase.

I am packing summer clothes - well finding them first and making sure they fit, washing if needed and then packing them for the trip to Florida. We still have snow on the ground so it seems a bit unreal, but it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.