Friday, March 6, 2009

It is harder today . . .

It is hard sometimes to know "what's good about this" . . . but I will keep trying. Yesterday there was a major gas explosion in downtown Bozeman. Four stores were destroyed. It is good that the businesses were not open yet as it was just a bit after 8 a.m. There were no injuries or known deaths. They are still looking for a missing woman.

When I was in Missoula yesterday, Mom and I drove down to Hamilton where my friend, Patricia, lives. She is a quilter "extraordinaire". Her bank there focuses on one local business each month and the month of March is focused on her business. Her quilts are hanging in the bank. It is an amazing display of her work and was a wonderful journey for us. Patricia also shared with me her focus on " an attitude of gratitude". I will add that to my "what's good about this".

We came back to Missoula and I took Mom (she is not a quilter, but used to sew garments) into a quilt shop. We both fell in love with a Kaffe Fassett print and had to have some. I got a coordinating print for mine as well. Mom is going to make a skirt from hers and I will make a jacket. More on that later. I hope she will start sewing again.

The drive home was long and I was blessed to have my friend, Ronda, from Portland to visit with by cell for a good part of the trip. It was a wonderful chat to catch up. She had heard about the explosion in Bozeman on CNN and had called earlier to make sure it was not our business and that we were okay.

Today I am grateful that I got to see both Mom and Dad. I am grateful that I am home safely surrounded by love from family and friends. It is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.