Saturday, December 25, 2010

Good Memories . . .Healing . . . Friendship

It is Christmas morning here - Merry Christmas to all.

We are making magnificent memories here. Lots of laughter, hugs, good food, and just the right gifts for everyone. Last night was a very special dinner and evening with Roy's dad and step mom. There was lots of family there of all ages. Sometimes healing takes 35 years, but it was a healing time for all. We opened our gifts last evening after we returned to Roy's. We had more fun this morning enjoying what Santa left after his visit.

In addition to special memories and gifts, I received a very blessed gift of understanding. I woke in the middle of the night thinking of my friends and feeling so blessed. I realized that some friends stay with you through your life from the time you first meet them and some friends stay as long as the friendship is needed and then you each move on. All friendships are a gift and I so appreciate each and every one. Each friendship lasts only as long as it is supposed to last. It was such a peaceful remembering and I know I have been so blessed with good friends - some lifelong and some brief. It is a Christmas I will long remember . . . a beautiful gift of peace. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.