Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Some thinking . . .

I have been thinking about how to encourage and support changing how I do things. In the shower this morning, I remembered one of Dad's favorite sayings. "There has been a lot of water under the bridge since then and now some of those bridges are out." I always thought it only meant that he couldn't always remember events from the past.

But now, I am thinking it probably fits the method of travel as well. If something has always worked, we are hesitant to change the process or method we are accustom to using. But what if something external causes a change, do we just say, "I can't get there from here" - or do we look at other ways to accomplish the journey.

Does Dad's quote fit for other things? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.