Monday, October 12, 2009

Sicky weekend . . .

Feeling better today, but I was down with the achy, runny nose crud all weekend. And - I missed the Homecoming activities for Montana State University here in Bozeman. Not so good! We always enjoy seeing lots of old friends - so it will have to wait for another year.

I did get some work done - between naps, nose blowing, and feeling sorry for myself. I quilted the placemats using Debra Geissler's "Swirls" on Hoke. I like the way they turned out. I also got the binding on the quilt I took off and now need to hand turn it to the back. I will do some of that tonight when I watch "Dancing with the Stars" - hope it is good.

The centers of the placemats are made by cutting squares on the bias from strips sewn together. I took the scraps left over and just sewed them together randomly as it was mindless work and I didn't have much for a mind that was working. This is what I ended up with. I will quilt it with the last couple placemats later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.