Wednesday, October 28, 2009

All days are good days . . .

I joined a "Breakfast Club" for quilters at a local quilt shop and I missed part of it last Saturday. It is always the 4th Saturday of each month. I got there late so I started on my project last night. I am using a Moda jelly roll. Each month we have a new project and they will get progressively more difficult through the year. It is so much fun and so relaxing as they are easy projects. This one will be a small lap quilt for Mom for Christmas. I think it will go with her new living room chairs she ordered for her senior apartment. She is really beginning to like living there.

I also worked today on a quilt that has had be stumped. I used Hoke for the plain blocks using one of the "Megan's blocks" from One Song. But, the customer wants quilted images of their Great Danes in the center blocks - along with a frog and an airplane. They had the simple drawings so I was kind of stumped as to how to get them to the quilt top without taking the time to make a stencil or digitizing them. So, I just cut out the silhouette and then drew the center lines in with the wonderful Marvy pen. I think it is going to work and I will be so glad to get this one done. It was so quick. Isn't it funny how the smallest things seem to be the stumbling blocks? You might have to click on the picture to enlarge it to see the quilted dog.

I was nervous today about the interview for the education consulting work possibility. It was a phone interview and I have another one set up for next week so I guess that is a good sign. We are wanting to do some traveling in "Gus the Bus" so I have wondered how this could work. But, it seems it is possible to do the work from anywhere. If I am to be onsite, I can fly in from anywhere for the two day onsite and about half of the work of coaching teachers in schools is online. It is not fulltime and you can do a couple gigs a month or more as you want. You know, it just might work. It would be a great way to pay for our diesel fuel. . . and there could be a lot of that. We took Gus out this afternoon to add #2 diesel to the tank to keep it from jelling in the cold. It is a 100 gallon tank - guess we really better hope for that work, huh?

"We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. - Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.