Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh, NO!

We have had to postpone our Portland trip. We were leaving tomorrow and would be back next week sometime. I have the "coughing, sneezing, sore throat" kind of stuff. We will head that way for Valentines weekend instead. I am feeling sad, sad, sad because I will miss my Meagan's 5th birthday party. We will have to do something very, very special for Valentine's Day for sure!

Also - finished the "Heritage" quilting. It started out to be one of my least favorite quilts, but I have come to find it very appealing. I do have to admit, many I admire have influenced my thinking as everyone loved it except me. So, I had to accept the fact that I may not have good taste and change my thinking. It worked. Now, I like it! That was easy!

I am off to get a nap so I can get rid of the "coughing, sneezing, sore throat" stuff. I hope it works as I hate being yucky, especially when I complained all last week when Bob had it that he might be going a little too far with his complaining. Now, I can't complain a peep! Serves me right, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I just finished piecing this quilt for the shop I work for. ( we won't talk about the 'fun' I had putting it together ) I have to admit,I really dislike the quilt top, but after seeing the way you quilted yours, with the right quilting it is gorgeous. There is hope for that top yet, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same think about the top and would never make one. I admire you doing that! Now that it is out of my studio, my "liking" for it has waned - hmmm - guess that lets me know what I really thought.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.