Monday, January 12, 2009

A good weekend . . .

We had one of the quiet weekends - the kind where you recuperate and get caught up a little. Bob is retiring totally the end of March and we have lots of thoughts - mostly good - about how that will be for us. I know he has lots of things he wants to do and we are heading for Florida for a couple weeks the last part of March to meet up with our friends from Maine and enjoy.

I am so slow, but I keep on keeping on. I finished the work on the borders of the quilt spools quilt. Here is a picture I took just before I took it off the table. I am not thrilled with it, but I need to learn that thrilling me might not be the total evaluation of whether or not it is okay. Everything that could keep going wrong did and finally I sewed through my finger. I have never understood how that happens - I still don't, but I now am a believer.

Also - I took a jab at my first experience at design with combining patterns on Hoke (my IQ) through the split, copy, move, flip, adjust, combine commands that are so easy to use. It could be very addicting. I stayed up way too late on Saturday night (Sunday morning?) and it was so much fun. I am going to try some other things later this week I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.