Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday . . .

I love Wednesdays - not sure why. Maybe it is the name of the day. It is such a big name compared to the rest of the week. It has always been my favorite day as it just seems smooth.

The movers have been moving offices all week and hopefully they will finish today. They are moving everything from the third floor of one building without an elevator to the third floor of another building with an elevator. And there must be a billion books that have to be moved from each office except mine. I wondered why they didn't use some kind of a boom lift. They have one sitting in the parking lot for a lighting project, but of course, it is from a different department at the university. They could just lift it up - put a whole bunch of the billion books in boxes on the boom from one fire escape, turn it around and unload them at the fire escape of the other building. But no, these guys are using hand trucks down all of the stairs. And complaining with each step about the billion books. And, they are so surpised that all of "this stuff" has to be hauled down these stairs. It's not like it all hasn't been on the third floor for many years and the stairs have been their just waiting. I learned a long time ago not to say a word when men are working. Just nod, smile, and duck out of the way quickly. LOL! I hope it is done today.

I now need to think of some nice things for my new office to make it comfy until spring. I am thinking of hanging a couple quilts that I can get when I come back after Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. That is probably a very wise philosophy! Can't wait to see what you come up with for your office.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.