Friday, November 30, 2007

It is Friday -

And I truly understand this week the meaning of TGIF - and give thanks that my special prayers to get me to the end of the week have been answered. I have had a real memorable cold - the kind where you end up looking like Rudoph from blowing your nose so much. I am in Laramie all weekend and I am going to stay in my comfy clothes and do whatever I want. I am going to sew and get more done on my quilt projects! And, I am going to take my "Tumbling Through Time" quilt to the local quilt shop to share as they asked if I would bring it in. This weekend is to nurture my artistic spirit. I wish you were all here!

I did a technology seminar today for some faculty. It was on making a podcast from creating and editing the audio to adding sound effects and music tracks to publishing it on a website. I also identified all of the resources available to faculty on the University of Wyoming campus and interviewed them to better understand how they might be able to help individual faculty with podcast projects. Now considering I didn't know any of this on Tuesday noon of this week, I have done a bunch. I feel pretty darn proud of myself that I could do it - between blowing my nose and sneezing - and can now help others with their projects as well as work on some of my own. It is really not part of my "Ed Leadership" job, but there are many here who remember me from when I worked for Apple, Inc. and they still think I must know "everything". LOL! If they only knew - some days, I can't even spell "everything".

Tomorrow I am posting another great interview with a quilting artist. I will give you a hint - this is another Montana quilt artist that many of you know. Please check back!

Now, I am going to get horizontal with a good book, a warm blankie and some hot chocolate. And my "kleenex" of course! And then - I am going to warm up a great relationship with my little Janome.

2 comments:

  1. I recommend 2 mucinex, coffee, and a long nap! Here's hoping for Carol & Ronda podcasts :-) - Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Missy, you gave me your cold via the cell phone (lol)... I am a sneezing fool (well a fool even on a good day)my nose is running and i can't keep up with it, okay I guess i am goofy also... Enjoy your weekend, we are gearing up for a big storm, up to 95 mph winds beginning Sunday and lasting thru Monday.... Enjoy your creative weekend, love to you my dear friend.....

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.