Monday, November 12, 2007

November 13th . . .

I was 14 years old and living in a very small town in Montana. It was also Friday, the 13th, and there was a "Sadie Hawkins Dance". Maybe I was shy, but I know I didn't ask anyone to go with me. Only those who were "going steady" did that. It was semi-formal and I had what I thought was a "gorgeous" black lace dress with a full skirt. The bodice and underskirt were red taffeta. The fitted jacket was just lace with long sleeves. I felt so pretty! And - the one boy who I thought was most special asked me to dance over and over. Then he asked to take me home and he was a bit older and could drive. Now that was all strictly innocent in those days! Mom was at this dance as a chaperone and she had to give her okay. Taking a "girl home" was just that! You gave her a ride from the school to her home and walked her to her door. But that was the night of my "first kiss" and I have remembered it forever. We both went our separate ways in school and in life, but our paths still cross every now and then as friends and we both laugh at that time so long ago. I have always enjoyed November the 13th.

Did anything special happen to you on November the 13th or any Friday the 13th?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.