Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Gratitude . . .

Tonight I got back to Laramie. I would like to share some thoughts about gratitude. Some days I like to just think about what I am grateful for and say "thank you". Here are some things I am grateful for about today.

1. I had a safe trip driving the 568 miles between Bozeman and Laramie.

2. I had great meetings with two grad students who are in the middle of internships so they can be school principals. It is so gratifying to know the future of schools and students will be in good hands wherever these two land.

3. I know what I want to do next year. I want work that I enjoy as much as this within daily commuting distance of home in Bozeman.

4. The cells are limited across Wyoming, but I did have a couple very interesting conversations with quilting buddies and I am glad they are understanding when the call just drops off into nowhere. "Can you hear me now?"

5. I learned that I can speak my mind clearly about strong feelings based on my own experiences and beliefs.

6. I made it back in time for "Dancing With The Stars" so I can see who doesn't get to come back. :(

7. I found a great shirt for Weston that says, "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's".

8. I am healthy, in love, and enjoying each day - those are things for which I am very grateful each day!

3 comments:

  1. Have I told you lately how much your blog makes me smile? Glad you had a safe trip! And you should try watching Dancing With The Stars with the Grandkids. The running commentary we get around here is fabulous :-D Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back in Wyoming safe and sound, even though we dislike the "Can you hear me now" saying we do it in complete disgust (lol)......

    Enjoy your day and don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! It is good to be back "on campus". I would love to hear the commentary from the princess about DWTS. I enjoyed "Dr. Quinn" for as long as she lasted - she is an amazing 56 year old!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.