Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Wild, Wonderful Wyoming . . .

I drove back yesterday. The colors were beyond gorgeous and the weather was phenomenal. This is the sign welcoming me to Wyoming from Montana and I still had about 300 miles to go to get to Laramie from this northern border. The landscape and sky were vast and filled with the crispness of autumn.

I had lots of time to be philosophical about all kinds of things. One of my blog friends has led a good discussion on friendship. After spending 10+ days with good friends - old and new, I totally convinced that good friends are to be treasured. Every lasting friendship is worth how ever many chances are needed to keep it going. Sometimes in this world of open, easy communication, it is easy to feel acquaintances are "good friends" when they are really "acquaintances". In the "old days" we would acknowledge our acquaintances, say "hello", share other pleasantries and move on about our business. Today, with blogs and boards, we communicate to everyone as if they were our good friends. But good friends speak heart to heart - sometimes years can pass and sometimes only hours and the friendship never falters. That is enough philosphy for October and I am blessed to enjoy it as a reality.

I also wanted to share what I did on Sunday. I had two baby quilts to finish for customers before I left home. They are very cute quilts and my quilting is nothing fancy, but I love baby quilts. I am now all caught up with my customer quilting until December when I will be home again and have a couple more coming. The bright colored one is flannel front and back. The alphabet panel picture was taken on the porch here at "The Cottage". I truly enjoyed quilting again for the first time in several months.

I had a very interesting evening and morning working through a missing package with UPS. I found out that "The UPS Store" is not a part of UPS and there has been all kinds of finger pointing because there is no record of what happened to the package I sent. I found out it did arrive by making a couple phone calls to the receiving hotel. UPS and The UPS Store are still "working with their electronic tracking system" and blaming each other while they try to figure out just where that package is. I will let them work a bit longer before I let them know.

1 comment:

  1. Those baby quilts are beautiful! Glad your drive back was enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.