Sunday, October 14, 2007

Snowy Sunday in Laramie

The UWyo Cowboys lost their football game yesterday and so did the MSU Bobcats. Dark day for my football teams. And the Red Sox lost in the 11th inning late last night. And today it is snowing as you can see from the picture from the porch of The Cottage.

I wanted to go to the International Quilt Festival in Houston this year, but I put too many things on my radar screen so it is not possible. So I have made a promise to myself to go in 2008. I went to the "big show" for the first time in 2004 and it was my very first quilt show ever anywhere. Gail, Laurena and I all went together and at the time only Gail was a quilter. I went because I wanted a longarm and thought that would be a great place to give them all a try - and it was! Somehow, I think one should become a quilter before you decide to buy a longarm, but that is not how I was thinking. We all made bags so we would have lots of space to stash lots of purchases and this was the one I made. I brought it to Laramie with me last week with quilting books in it and love it now as much as I did for our 2004 Houston trip. It is made out of flannel. So - next year - I am going again. Next year, come "h*&# or high water", I am going again!

This is a great snowy Sunday and I have lots to do and lots of energy to get it all done. I made my list and I am moving through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.