Monday, October 1, 2007

Decisions, Decisions . . .

I just got back from getting license plates for my car. I am not sure how it is in your state, but in Montana, you have over 100 different plates to choose from and it is tense to get just the right one to match your philosophy and the color of your car. It is especially hard because there is a long line behind you and the lady helping you is very, very serious.

So I thought I would share a few of the plates so you could understand my decision was tough. Many cities have their own plate so you can have one that is just for your city or town. This one is for the city of Billings. Not my favorite colors!

And - many of our school districts also have their own license plate. That way you can show where your kids go to school or which school buildings you are paying for with your taxes. This one is for our local school district. I don't think I have ever seen it on a vehicle. Hmmm - wonder what that means? You can also order one for any university that you attended or wanted to attend.

And there are a lot for different charities, service organizations and non-profits. Here is one for the Humane Society of Montana. This one is quite popular! We love our animals!

And there is one for both Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park as well as Ducks Unlimited, Trout Unlimited, Open Lands, and all kinds of other organizations focused on the outdoors. Here is the one for Yellowstone Park. I was thinking this would be good because I am in Wyoming a lot this year and most of Yellowstone Park is in Wyoming.

But then I remembered - there is one just for quilters so I quickly changed my mind and went looking on the wall for that one. I thought this would be perfect! And the line behind me was getting restless.

But then I saw it. The one that "sang" to my soul. It was "music" to my heart. It is "Montana is a Symphony" and I just knew it was the right one. I have always known I must "sing my own song". Meanwhile, the line behind me is getting longer, the toes are tapping and not in any musical rhythm, but rather with impatience. Behind the counter, the lady's eyes have long since glazed over. We finish up and I leave so excited with my new plates.

PS - The colors on it are much more vivid. It is beautiful with black!

3 comments:

  1. Sing like nobody is watching or listening.... Then out of the blue you will get a tone deaf person calling you singing "On the Road Again"... Love to you always.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFL we do not get those options here and if we did, my DH would ban me from going because I would be in there for a very long time. I do love what you picked!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - it is a beautiful license plate. Ronda, I look forward to hearing your rendition of "On the Road Again".

    And, Jan, my Bob was with me and he was in total pain during the entire selection process.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.