Thursday, October 11, 2007

I am thrilled . . .

This afternoon I was working on a seminar for faculty here tomorrow morning to help them integrate technology into their classroom teaching. It is a lot like herding cats as I am not real sure what I am doing nor do I know what they want or expect. But we will all gather and give it a shot.

And then, I got a phone call from my friend Ronda Beyer telling me that "Tumbling Through Time" received a judges ribbon at the Pacific International Quilt Festival. I was so appreciative that she called. I have been trying to reach my friend, Gail Nelson, to let her know, but she is in Los Angeles visiting. Gail and I pieced and designed it together and I quilted it with a lot of support, ideas and mentoring from Ronda.

Thank you, Ronda, for calling to let me know. Hearing it from you was the best part! Thank you, Gail, for being willing work with me on it.

It is such a splendid shock to receive the recognition!

2 comments:

  1. Today was a total rainbow following your dreary shadows of the day before. Congratulations to you a well deserved award.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful quilt!! Enjoy your moment!! It is well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.