Saturday, October 13, 2007

Nothin' to do . . .

. . . and all day to do it. This is the first week-end since Sept. 6th that I have not been teaching, traveling or entertaining. I have enjoyed a total day of doing whatever I want and loving every minute of not having to be anywhere at anytime. I have not had to fix meals for anyone. I have not had to smile and act intelligent for students. I did not have to wash sheets, towels, and change beds. I did not have to comb my hair or put on makeup. I did not have to do anything I did not want to do.

Now, I should have because "The Cottage" does not have maid service. What is with that?

I hit on a strange soup idea. When I was home, I had Bob stop at our Safeway and pick up a couple containers of their deli soup. I thought he would bring home two of the same kind. Well he didn't and so I just mixed them together - and it was great. I did the same thing here - on purpose. It is jambalay and chicken noodle - interesting mixture - but it is really pretty good. They have the best soups in the deli.

Tomorrow I will pay for all of this "do nothing" time today, as I really do have some things I need to get done, but it was worth every minute. It was like pouring warm oil over my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Soup sounds wonderful about now! Glad you had a "me" day. It is soothing isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.