Monday, August 6, 2007

A new week . . .

I love the "alphabet" meme I have seen on several blogs and I have enjoyed the "favorite things" list as well. So I decided to combine the 2 for a quick look at my favorite things. Of course there are lots of favorite things for some letters and others were hard for me, but I think I did it.

A - Apple, Inc. - a very innovative company I love and worked for for several years
B - Bob - my very special, favorite man - I am pretty lucky as he is also my husband
C - Carousel Horses - I collect them done in all sizes and styles and would love an original one from an actual carousel
D - Daisies - my favorite flowers
E - Endless. com - my favorite new place to buy shoes and purses online
F - French Horn - my favorite brass instrument
G - Gail - a favorite, longtime friend
H - "Hallelujah Chorus" - some favorite music
I - Indigo - I love the word and the color
J - John - my favorite, and only, brother
K - Kalispell - one of my favorite towns in Montana near Flathead Lake where I just found out my great grandparents are buried - no wonder I love the place.
L - Living Room - my favorite room in our home
M - Montana - I love my state!
N - Nothing - my favorite thing to do when I am tired
O - Oyster Stew - my favorite Christmas Eve supper
P - Piano - my beautiful instrument and favorite music
Q - Quilting of course
R - Roy - my son who lives in Portland and is Meagan's Dad
S - Stan - my son who lives here and is Weston's Dad
T - Toyota 4Runner - my favorite vehicle which I have now
U - Umbrella - one of my favorite things that we rarely need here
V - Velvet - a favorite fabric
W - Wednesday - my favorite day of the week
X - Xylophone - another favorite instrument
Y - Yo-Yo Ma - my very favorite cellist
Z - I love zebras - the colors and patterns - look like God had such a good time.

We have some friends in for a barbeque this week-end - nothing fancy, but Bob makes the best hamburgers and here is a picture to prove it. We had a great time visiting and laughing with friends we have know for years and years. It doesn't get any better than that!

It has cooled down some, but the fires have gotten worse in the state. My brother and his wife were evacuated from their mountain home in the middle of the night on Saturday. The good news is that they are safe and had some time to get their dog and some special things. They hadn't heard any more news as of last night about the status of their place, but they thought things sounded hopeful that the fire had started to move back onto itself.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your brother and family are safe! And I love your combo meme. Glad you had a good weekend. - Jan

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.