Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It just doesn't get any better than this . . .

Today has been one of those days filled with wonderful people and events. You know the kind of day I mean. You just hate to see it end. I started out with my morning walk and while I was walking, it came to me what to do on a customer quilt that had me stuck. I got home really excited to get started. I have 5 customer quilts to finish by the end of the month. And then I will be on quilting sabbatical for 9 months except for my own work.

For lunch, I met a talented longarm quilter friend from another town and we had the best visit. I wish we were closer so we could share ideas. She is one of the most inspiring quilting artists and I feel blessed to know her. I first saw her her work on a discussion board right after I got my own longarm about 2 and a half years ago. She posted a beautiful yellow and while whole cloth and I was blown away. I knew from that point on what I wanted to do - LOL - I just needed to get some talent along the way.

This afternoon, I finalized arrangements for a place to live in Laramie. It is a perfect cottage and is all furnished and set up with dishes and linens. Wow! It is a miracle to find such a place in a small university town. I continue to be "over the moon" about this coming year. I also caught up with another longtime friend from my "Denver Days" on the phone. She actually lives close to Laramie so we will get to spend some face to face time this year.

And then tonight we had supper in town with another couple who are longtime friends that we don't see often enough. We ate in the outside dining area of a local brewpub, had wonderful food, laughed, enjoyed a good glass of cold, crisp pinot grigio and talked about Homecoming plans here and some of the past fun times we have had. We are all alums of this university and there is nothing better than gathering at Homecoming with old friends.

To close the day - here is a picture of a gorgeous Maui sunset my son just sent me. They are there for a holiday this week.

Yes - it was one of those very special days. . . fun, laughter, love, good friends and lots of blessings.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds absolutely wonderful!! I am so glad you have found the perfect home away from home!! Thanks for the smiles and the beautiful picture. - Jan

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.