Friday, August 10, 2007

Finding a place to live . . .

No - I am not moving away from here. . . but I do need to find a place to live in Laramie for the year. It is a small university town so housing is tough at best. I am looking for a furnished place, small and private. It just needs to be big enough for my Gem, my coffee pot, my MacBook Pro, and with a nice soft bed. I know the right place will make itself known soon.

We are getting excited about this. Bob thinks it will be great to be closer to a Bronco game (no matter who they play) and even a Nuggets game if they are playing the Spurs or the Jazz.

As this is the 10th of August, I am getting closer to my favorite months which are September and October. I love this coming time of year. So here is a new meme to play if you want . . . "What do you like best about each month of the year?" . . . and organize them from your favorite to your least favorite while you are at it. Here are mine . . .

1. September - Nothing is better than the warm days and cool nights of early fall and you can really see Yellowstone Park and all of the animals without all of the traffic
2. October - Homecoming at our university here and the color of the leaves
3. November - Thanksgiving, turkey dinner and the Bobcat-Grizzly game (cross-state university football rivalry)
4. December - Christmas and all that goes with it - the joy, the love, the celebrations, the snow, Christmas Carols, family, and everything
5. April - Spring is on the way and it is my birthday season
6. May - I can plant my annuals and the trees have leaves again
7. June - Beautiful weather and everything is green as far as eye can see
8. August - I know that school is starting and I can get the biggest new box of crayons - yes, I still do that!
9. January - A time to rest after a busy fall, build big fires in the fireplace and eat lots of soup.
10. February - Valentines day and the whole month of love and mush to add to the big fires and lots of soup
11. March - You know that no matter what, winter is almost over even in the Northern Rockies
12. July - The hot, hot weather, 4th of July celebrations, and family picnics

So - now it is your turn. I hope you will give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.