Friday, August 3, 2007

Smoky Day . . .

It is a smoky day here in Montana today. There are lots of forest fires everywhere and the smoke is very thick. It has been an unusually hot and dry summer here - lots of days in July that were in the high 90's and 100's - that is not our normal weather. August is usually our hot dry month, but I hope we get some moisture and cooler weather to help fight the fires.

I have been having fun with creating and changing my avatar and I changed the background to show the hazy look caused by all of the smoke. That is our Scotty, Kassie, also in the picture. She is a joy!

The news about the bridge failure in Minneapolis has kept me close to the news yesterday and today. My heart and prayers are with the families there. I have been over that bridge a few times when I was traveling for work. It really is an eye opener about the safety of so many of our bridges that were built decades ago when there was no idea how heavy the traffic using them would become.

Not much else going on today - working on my quilting projects.

Be sure those you love hear it from you today. Have a good week-end.

1 comment:

  1. One of the many good things of having a small child around is you automatically think "I don't want them to see this" and you limit the TV on time and content. I think in this day and age with so much information coming from all sides maybe we all need to protect ourselves more. I love how your avatar changes. And I bet the strip piecing is fun! - Jan

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.