Sunday, August 26, 2007

A great week . . .

I left for Laramie last Tuesday and had a great week. It is 560 miles from here to there. I have XM radio in my new car and it was wonderful as there are lots of those miles where a radio station is not available. In the past I have listened to books on tape and will again, but the radio was a nice break with great music and good interviews. I enjoyed the days there and drove back on Friday.

I stayed in the little cottage I am going to rent for the next months while I am there. I have a couple pictures here. It is very small, but it instantly felt like home. It is on the back of a large lot and the original owner of the "big house" had the cottage built for his daughter. It was a "kit house" from either Sears or Montgomery Ward. I will had to do more research to find the year.

The picture shown hanging over the buffet is exactly the same as one we have from Bob's family from about 1915.

Today was Weston's birthday - he is now a big two year old. Here is a picture of him at the family birthday party we had on the deck last night. All of the grandparents were here and he had lots of attention. It was a fun night. He had a pool party today with his little friends.

Our Portland "kids" got home from Hawaii on Tuesday as well. Roy said he thinks Hawaii is why vacations were invented. I think they must have liked it! Here is a cute picture of our little hula girl.

It was a wonderful week. My first teaching assignment starts tomorrow. I have an introductory research class for grad students that is all online. I am looking forward to the challenges and the learning. I am feeling very blessed to have had this week - it has been a "big one".

1 comment:

  1. That cottage is amazing!! What a great find!!! And it looks like a fun time was had at the party!! Good luck with your classes this week!! - Jan

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.