Sunday, April 17, 2011

Low and slow . . .

When I am tired - or at least think I am tired, I like to "fly low and slow" - that was the way it was today.

Fiber . . . I finally got my April block done for the online group block of the month. These are all batiks in various reds, a couple blacks, light pink, and oranges. I really like them. I am not sure how many I will get done - these three might be it and they would make a nice table runner, huh? We started in February so the second picture shows the three blocks together.

Friends . . . When we were in Flagstaff on our way home a couple weeks ago, we met a wonderful family from Australia. They flew over to the west coast, purchased a motorhome with a tow behind car and are spending most of a year touring the USA. They have three young boys - twins who are 7 and a 9 year old. We invited them to come see us as Yellowstone Park was on their "must see" list and we so close to the park. Today they called and will be here sometime this week. We hope they will stay and celebrate Easter with us here. I did tell them that there is still a lot of snow in the park, but at least some of the roads are open. I am not sure they are prepared for spring in Montana.

Family . . . I am going to Missoula later this week to pick up Mom and bring her back with us to enjoy Easter together. We will have a brunch here with an egg hunt for the little guys.

Fun . . . I watched a few basketball games in the past couple days as it is the start of the NBA playoffs. I have a couple favorite teams and if I don't watch during these first games, they may be gone. I enjoy watching San Antonio, Denver, Portland, and Boston - so I will see how far they all manage to get. All of the games that I watched were really good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.