Sunday, June 20, 2010

A wonderful Sunday . . .

Family . . .
It is Father's Day. I keep thinking how fortunate I am to have had my Dad for over 90 years. He passed last December shortly before his 91st birthday. I think of him sometime during each and every day. . . usually some of his wit and wisdom. "You may not be as smart as the next guy so you better plan on getting up early to get a head start." I would love to get up really early every morning as I know he always did until the last few years of his life. "Don't make decisions for the heart based on finances." I think of that a lot. Happy Father's Day, Dad. I love you so much.

Fiber . . .
I finally finished this little panel quilt for Walker. I loved the panel and he needed a "drag quilt".
He loves the feeling of the really soft plush stuffed animals so I used Minkee on the back of this and just wrapped it around for the binding. It is light, soft and I hope he uses it a lot. He tried it out yesterday and loved it so I think it is a hit.

I had fun doing some really fund whimsical quilting to make the characters pop! I love the bright colors and I like the way it came out.
It is much cuter with Walker laying on it smiling. I wish I had gotten a picture of that yesterday.

They were both here with us all day yesterday and it was a fun day, but I am so thankful that they could go home about 6:30 in the evening.
We had a good friend once who said, "God sure knows what he is doing when he gives them to the young." Yesterday was one of those days. I was exhausted when they left. They were both full of vinegar all day.










Food . . .
I am doing fine with the vegan living. We went to a "cousins supper" Friday evening and I did not have any problems. I took a salad - 7 bean with some cut up fresh veggies included - and they had some great whole wheat bread so I did just fine in passing up the ribs. I have more energy and feel really good so far. I am anxious to see how it works with Bob's artery blockage when we go back to the doctor in August.

Friends and Fun . . .
My good friend and neighbor, Betty, came by this morning for a long cup of coffee and a good visit. We have been friends since we were in college here at MSU. Our fun today was getting our "house duties" done. We started them in March at Bob's suggestion based on his memories from his fraternity days. Things are written out on a rotation basis, some every week, some every other week and some every third week and even some every 3 months. The house stays clean and neat and it is easy to do the work a little at a time. We each have three duties to do a week and we usually do them spread throughout the week, but this week, it just didn't work that way so we did them all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.