Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday morning . . .

Saying "hello" . . .
We have sunshine today after several gray days with rain and cool temps. It feels more like early April than the middle of June. But, the good news - everything is green, green, green so I will enjoy that and remember it come August.

Family, food and fun . . .
So, how is this vegan thing going? Well, it has been 3 full days and I am feeling good. The main thing I have noticed is an uptake in energy and the ability to really focus on a project. I have had a tough time finishing things in the past couple years so that is a welcome change. The food prep is not bad. I tried a lasagna recipe last night from a vegan cookbook. It tasted really good, but didn't look as good as the picture. LOL. I can make some changes and it will be even better. I have fixed some bean salad to take to a "cousins" gathering tonight so that may be my supper. They are having ribs and I am thinking I would like to not eat any, but I will see.

Fiber . . .
I am finishing the little quilt for Walker and getting ready to load a couple baby quilts for charity that I have to do. Maybe some pics of that later. I am also going to get caught up on the "Breakfast Club" stuff. I missed last month and will miss this month as well, but I picked up my pattern and project so will work on them with the evening sewing. Here is a picture of the projects ready to quilt from February, March and April. I decided to just do placemats or table runners rather than quilts as I don't really care so much for the patterns, but enjoy the gatherings. There are 4 of each placemat and I thought they would be fun for eating on the deck this summer - if we ever have some summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.