Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Update . . .

Family and Food . . .
Bob went back to his doctor today and they are convinced he is still suffering from a virus compounded by the strep he had a couple weeks ago. His doctor was so thrilled about his change in eating that he wants to stay with it. The doctor said it would be so healthy for him.

So, we have decided to keep trying with some modification. He is going to work more toward being a flexitarian (some occasional meat choices) for now and I am moving toward the lacto-ovo vegetarian as I never have the craving for animal protein, but miss a little cheese and an egg now and then. We may later move on toward the vegan life style later, but we are both so thrilled with our progress so far. We will stay with it with the modifications.

Fiber . . .
I watched the show on PBS tonight about the harp competition . . . great watch. I came away with the words from one of the harp teachers - paraphrasing here: As an artist you have to be in touch with your feelings and emotions and then have the courage to share them openly through your art. Ah - to be congruent and courageous.

Fun and Friends. . .
I went to lunch with a good friend today. We hit a local Mexican restaurant that has a great taco bar at lunch. I enjoyed making my own "vegetarian" tacos and could have a bit of cheese. But then, we sat and drank margaritas - long and good. Our lunch lasted three hours on the patio in the sun under the delicious aroma of the nearby lilac trees. It was a very nice lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.