Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Progress . . .

I have been able to work on quilting for a couple hours a day for the past couple days. Here is a picture of the quilt - almost finished - just a couple more borders to go like this one. Hoke (remember him? he is my IQ) did the inner pantograph and the one run of the panto on the outer border. I did the beadboard by hand. I like the look and am very excited about what I have learned. It is just the start for me and beyond what I had thought possible.

4 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic Carol!! Glad to see you are getting some quilting time in.

    Judy in MO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very lovely! The beadboard in the border is an excellent complement to the design. What is the name of that panto? Do you know if it is only available for computerized systems?

    Christine Olson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    It is good to get some quilting time in - like warm oil to my soul.

    The pantograph in the border is "Waterworld" by Jodi Beamish and the one in the body is "Swirls" by Deb Geissler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info, Carol! (I guess it shows that I don't do pantos often as I do recognize the names of the pantos but couldn't make the connection.)

    Christine Olson

    P.S. Love the colors in that quilt as well!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.