Wednesday, September 17, 2008

And it is Wednesday . . .

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice, and everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of.
You may know that Wednesday is my favorite day of the week and today was right up there with the best of 'em. I picked Meagan up from her school at noon and then we went shopping.

She was a perfect helper at Fabric Depot where we picked out the fabric for her Halloween quilt that I am working on tomorrow and Friday and then finishing once I get home. I brought some quilting stuff with me and my little Janome. My goal is to have it back here quilted and all done by October 1. We decided to follow a pattern from the new issue of "Quilts and More" and make it a bit smaller. (There are some fun quilts in the magazine.) We will fussy cut the little squares from the Halloween fabric. She wants purple minky type fabric for the back so it will be a real cuddly quilt for her. She is already planning on the one I am going to make her for Christmas so she can have "cuddly quilts" here at her Dad's house. I guess I had better start getting up earlier.

We then moved on to Target for a lot of shopping for the perfect "little toy". She said we must have walked up and down the toy aisles at least 23 times. I think it was way more than that. We were also looking for just the right shirt which we didn't find. She wanted one without any decoration so we could put an iron-on sparkly cupcake on it that we bought yesterday. She loves to play with her princess dolls and I even get to be one sometimes if I stay with the story. The wonderful world of a 4 year old is pure magic.

Yesterday, we did the Disney Store at one of the malls here and that was another memorable experience. I love the kids' clothing store, "Pumpkin Patch" as well and always want to spend some time there. She is not as excited about shopping for clothes - but that will come I am sure.

Tonight we went to Pastini's for supper and had some good pasta and Meagan tried her first tiramisu which she loved. We all shared one piece so it wasn't too decadent for anyone. She also tried her first balsamic vinegar and pepper with olive oil for bread and liked that as well. It is so much fun to share time with this very special little person. And - it is twice is nice that her Dad just happens to be my "baby boy" - of course I wouldn't dare say that to him - the "baby boy" part - but he always will be so precious! He is also a great guy and a great Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.