Thursday, March 6, 2008

It is still winter, but . . .

I know it can't last too long - even here in the Rockies at 7400 feet in altitude.

I went home to Bozeman last weekend and helped my Bob celebrate a really big birthday. We had a great time with something special on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday before I came back to Laramie on Tuesday. We had dinner with friends, drinks out with friends, went to the movies, more dinner with friends, and dinner with our Weston (and his parents). It was truly a birthday season celebration! I had hoped to get my "Miss Daisy" cranked up, but played too much and didn't have time for any quilting.

Next week, I head back to Bozeman again on Thursday for a week of spring break plus two weekends. I am excited and have lots planned for the 10+ days. And then when I get back on the 25th of March, I will only have a little more than one month of being away. It has been a good experience, but too long and too far away.

Things are very exciting here in Laramie tonight and tomorrow night. There are huge (for Wyoming) gatherings on campus prior to the Democratic caucusing on Saturday. President Clinton is in town tonight to support Hillary and Barak Obama is in town tomorrow night. The state is jumping with excitement as this kind of attention has never happened before.

Well - off to do some more piecing on my quilt project.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love LOVE the new header...... I hope you get some quilting time in on your Spring break and i can't wait to see your finished quilt.. Love to you my friend... Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second ronda on the header. it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.