Friday, March 14, 2008

What a thrill!

This is a picture of my beautiful granddaughter Meagan who lives in Portland. She is four and has started to sew - sewing on buttons. She sewed the button on the purple heart. Her mom said she must have inheritated my sewing gene. That gene goes back many, many generations.

The next picture is of my Grandmother Hannah. She is the young woman in the center with two of her sisters. I never knew her, but the dresses they are wearing were sewn by my Great Grandmother Mary. They lived in North Dakota and this picture was taken about 100 year ago.

It just melts my heart. I am going to go spend a week with Meagan in May and I am so thrilled. We will certainly sew together. It can't possibly get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.